Terms & Conditions
PEAK MOUNTAIN GUIDES, LLC DBA: PEAK MOUNTAIN GUIDES
CANCELLATIONS, TRANSFERS, AND REFUND POLICY
- Registrations made more than 30 days prior to the Program (“Program” and/or “Activity”) must be accompanied by a 50% deposit. The remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to the Program start date. The remaining balance, for a Program where Peak is required to make deposits for the travel of the guide, is due 60 days prior to the Program start.
- If notice of cancellation is given in writing at least 60 days prior to the Program start date, you will be refunded your full deposit except for a $50.00 processing fee.
- If notice of cancellation is given in writing within 59-30 days prior to the Program start date, a cancellation fee equal to the deposit amount will be charged.
- If notice of cancellation is given in writing less than 30 days prior to the Program start date, a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the Program fee will be charged.
- If you wish to transfer your registration to different Program a $50.00 administrative fee will be charged. Transfers are not allowed if the transfer would result in cancellation of the original Program due to low enrollment.
- In the event a Program itinerary is modified before it’s start due to conditions, preferences, or at the discretion of the guide an applicable credit or invoice will be issued.
- Once the Program has begun no credits, refunds, or additional charges will be issued.
In order to participate in this Program you are required to sign the Peak Mountain Guides Participant Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement (the “Release”), the terms of which are incorporated within these Terms and Conditions. You agree to review and understand the Release before committing to the Program/Activity. Your refusal to sign the Release, or your modification of the Release terms, will not entitle you to a refund of any sort.
Peak Mountain Guides reserves the right to change the itinerary of the Program, or cancel segments of the Program, at any time before or during the Program. Examples could include moving the date of a program to accommodate weather changes or moving the location to account for road closures. In doing so, we will always act in good faith to retain the original goals of the program. In the event of a cancellation or alteration of a Program, Peak Mountain Guides is not responsible for expenses incurred in preparation for the Program, such as airfare or travel costs, or for additional expenses that are incurred due to the cancellation or alteration. Peak Mountain Guides may also direct the timing and extent of your participation in the Program as deemed necessary for risk management.
You are responsible for bringing all of the clothing and equipment included on the Program equipment list. If you lose or damage Peak Mountain Guides equipment you will be responsible for replacing it at MSRP value.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE
Peak Mountain Guides does not provide rescue insurance or trip insurance for any of our trips. We strongly encourage our guests to purchase insurance that covers medical evacuation, repatriation, and medical expenses for the duration of their Peak program. Trip Cancellation Insurance is strongly recommended.
We recognize that deciding on the right insurance policy can become confusing and even trying. We’ve created this list to assist you in understanding the basics of this type of insurance and our suggestions for you. As our expertise lies in helping you to the top of mountains — not in the nuances of insurance policies — we strongly recommend that you address specific questions with your insurance agent and take time to thoroughly understand any policy you purchase.
- RIPCORD — offers Comprehensive Travel Insurance coverage for all Mountaineering and Trekking programs.
- TRIP ASSURE — offers 2 policies that will work for all of our customers:
- Adventure — Includes specific reasons for cancellation.
- Adventure Plus — Includes Cancel for Any Reason. (Must be purchased within 15 days of registration.)
- World Nomads – offers 2 comprehensive policies that vary by type of adventure
If you opt out of trip insurance, there are a few other options listed below. Please decide what will work best for you and if you still have questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
American Alpine Club Membership
AAC members in good standing are automatically enrolled in:
- Up to $7,500 of Global Rescue Trailhead Rescue Services (available worldwide)
- Up to $5,000 of Domestic Rescue Benefits (available in the U.S. only)